Upward Sports is dedicated to promoting the discovery of Jesus through sports,
and we realize the mission is much bigger than us. Upward Sports works with
other organizations that will help us increase our ministry reach, promote our
programs, or invest in our leaders and athletes. It’s with the support of great
organizations like these that we are able to create a better sports experience
for athletes, parents, and coaches all across the nation.
Academy Sports + Outdoors
Academy Sports + Outdoors is once again excited to partner with you for the 2016-17 basketball season. Academy Sports + Outdoors is a premier sports, outdoor and lifestyle retailer and is one of the nation's largest sporting goods retailers. Our philosophy is to deliver an unparalleled shopping experience by providing convenience, offering a broad selection of quality products, delivering exceptional customer service and selling the right stuff at everyday low prices.
Receive a $250 Gift Card for Your League
We are inviting your group to participate in the 2016-17 program. Participants will be provided a co-branded tablecloth and banner to display at your practices and games throughout the season. In exchange for promoting the Academy Sports + Outdoors partnership, you are eligible to receive a $250 gift card for your league. This opportunity is available to the first 250 leagues responding by Friday, Dec. 2nd with the following league information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Name
- Partner Number
- Church Name
- Shipping Address
- Email Address
- Did you or your league participate last year?
Receiving your $250 gift card:
Step 1 – Take a photo of your tablecloth and banner on game day
Step 2 – Upload and submit your photo to the Academy site (http://www.academy.com/upward)
Photos Must Be Uploaded to Academy (http://www.academy.com/upward) by Wed. Jan 25, 2017 to be eligible
Step 3 – Receive your gift card in 2-3 weeks.
Step 4 – Go shopping!
Other ways to work with your local Academy Sports + Outdoors:
- In-Store League Registrations* – Schedule a date and time for your group to set up in store to complete registrations and recruit new players
- League Shopping Night – Coordinate a day/night for your group to come shop at our store and receive an exclusive group discount
- Invite Your Local Store Out – Invite the local store out to your season kick-off, other game day or end of season celebration
- Host Coaches Meetings – Do you need a place to meet with your coaches? Most of our stores can help you out by providing meeting space.
Please note this is only for Upward Sports League promotion and not for any other church programming. Registration materials cannot be left unattended in the store. Please ask the management team at your local store if you have any questions about what we can do through our partnership.
|Before Fri. Dec 2nd
||Be one of the first 250 to email email@example.com with your league information.
|Dec 7th to Dec 16th
||Banners and tablecloths shipped and received
|Before Wed. Jan 25th
||Upload and submit your photo to the Academy site - http://www.academy.com/upward
|Feb 6th to Feb 17th
||Receive your Academy Sports + Outdoors gift card.
Locate Your Store
Rice Bowls is a non-profit organization that seeks to provide food
for orphans in the name of Christ. They raise the funds to supply over 1.5 million meals
to children in 52 orphanages in 8 countries.
Ideas for supporting Rice Bowls:
- Use Rice Bowls as your program’s service project
- Share with your athletes how they can make a difference
- Ask coaches to fill Rice Bowls with their team
- Collect filled Rice Bowls at your End of Year Celebration
- Use Rice Bowl t-shirts as giveaways during games
Order Upward Rice Bowls
Operation Christmas Child
Every year, Operation Christmas Child collects shoeboxes filled with toys and other items and gives them to children in other parts of the world who have never received a Christmas gift. Through something as simple as a shoebox, doors are opened for them to share the good news of Jesus Christ all over the world. Upward Sports is thrilled to support this organization and loves watching our young athletes experience the joy of serving others.
Ideas for Partnering with Your Local Collection Spots:
- Collect different items each week and have a box packing party
- Ask coaches to pack boxes with their team and see which team can pack the most
- Collect shoeboxes at your End of Season Celebration
Order Your Free Promotional & Packing Materials
Check out the Free Devotional
For years, Upward Sports has been using Orange curriculum for our athletes’ devotions, and we have seen many give their lives to Christ. Orange strategically designs their curriculum to meet students where they are cognitively, spiritually, physically, emotionally, and socially which aligns perfectly with our 360 Progression. With 46% of our participants not having a church home, Upward Sports believes it’s important to bridge the gap from the gym on Saturday to church on Sunday, and we trust the Orange strategy to do just that. Upward Sports is excited to partner with this great mission-aligned organization to further the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Ideas for Using Orange Materials:
- Hold special Sunday classes for your athletes who don’t have a church home
- Check out the exclusive Upward Sports partners’ discount
- Have a devotion time for older siblings during their younger siblings’ practice and vice versa
Receive Your Discount Code