The Upward Sports Culture
Upward Sports is...Passionate, Reliable, Encouraging, Innovative and Fun!
Because we value the expectation of God moments, the Upward Sports culture is
- God is at work all around us, inviting us to join Him where he’s already working.
- We must first have an intimate relationship with him so that we hear him when He speaks.
- We are serious about living as students of scripture, praying continuously, and pursuing Godly council.
- We believe the vision of Upward was planned by God a long time ago
Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Because we value the life of integrity, the Upward Sports culture is
- It’s in our relationship with Jesus that we find our unity to pursue the Upward Sports mission.
- We’re in this together and we need every member on the team.
- Jesus Christ is our character model and He wants to transform each one of us into his likeness.
- We watch what we say and how we say it. We consider others first before we speak.
Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Because we value the opportunity to serve, the Upward Sports culture is
- Whatever we set our hands to we do so in service to Jesus Christ. He is our example!
- We are servants willing to go the extra mile for each other.
- We don’t approach an opportunity with a “what’s in it for me” attitude. Instead, we look for the greater good of those on the team.
- We believe the better we serve each other, the better we are able to serve our ministry partners.
Mark 10:45 – For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Because we value the discipline of excellence, the Upward Sports culture is
- Innovation is an important part of striving for excellence at Upward.
- We are willing to step out of our comfort zone to accomplish a collective goal.
- Creativity and agility are required as we develop ever-changing ways to share a never-changing message.
Colossians 3:17 – And whatever you do, whether in word or deed; do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Because we value the priority of children, the Upward Sports culture is
- We are racing against the influences of this world to capture the hearts of children with the good news of the gospel. We must have an active approach, and for us, this is fun!
- We will try new ideas. If they don’t work, we’ll try more.
- We believe when team members have fun, they are more engaged in the work they do, and the organization will have missional success.
Matthew 18:14 – In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.